Spring 2019 Teacher Training
Live with Intention
EMBRACE YOUR PATH: LIFESTYLE PROGRAM & TEACHER CERTIFICATION
“In the field of yoga, nothing can be taught and learned in an instant.” B.K.S. Iyengar
Yoga is as infinite as the Universe itself. Some people begin to practice it for health reasons, others arrive seeking peace and tranquility in the midst of an increasingly convulsed society, and others pursue human and transpersonal development, a connection with themselves and with others and, beyond all this, spiritual growth, that contact with the divine spark that inhabits each one of us.
Regardless of your intention or final goal, you have reached this shore, you have before you a vast territory to explore, you will have many other fellow learners of the art of yoga; They will guide you in your journey to transform and evolve as a human being … more refined in sensitivity, perception, much more mature in thought and action.
“Only through the mirror of yoga can man reflect and recognize himself in all his fullness.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Teacher Training Program at Shanti Heart Yoga & Wellness!
...on Your Path now! Apply Now!
Embrace Your Path into a Transformational Journey
Shanti Heart Teacher Training is a Yoga Alliance 200 Hr certified course that brings together key elements for your certification as well as a path to a lifestyle that supports you as you support your community.
Our training is
- A beautiful blend of traditional yoga, yoga therapy and hatha flow that emphasize a safe and nurturing practice
- Teaching Methodology & Practicum
- An advanced study of asana and holistic approaches
- Cultivating your voice and self-development
- Principles of anatomy
- The science and art of sequencing with purpose and power
- Confidence building through practice
- Hands on adjustment and cueing for modifications
- Yoga Philosophy ~ How to teach spiritual themes with authenticity and cultural sensitivity.
- The Business of Yoga
Are you ready to transform your life? Shanti Heart’s 200 hour program will advance your practice, take you deeper into the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and help define your voice. This program is designed for those wanting to deepen their practice and for aspiring teachers.
What makes Shanti Heart Yoga Teacher Training Program unique?
- Program draws from over 16 years of teaching experience (E-RYT 500), certified Yoga Therapist trained in India. Certifications as a Life Coach, Ayurvedic Consultant, Pranic Energy Healing and a B.A. in psychology.
- Our program is about Yoga philosophy, living your practice and how to teach the principles of Yoga – bringing mind, body and spirit into alignment.
- Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
- Yoga Alliance 5-star rated accredited training school
- Manual and foundational books for your yoga library
- Free classes at Shanti Heart for the length of your training
Teacher Training Reading List
1. The Bhagavad Gita: A Walkthrough for Westerners
2. The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
3. The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
4. The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II
5. Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness, Erich Schiffmann
“I am currently participating in the weekday YTT program at Shanti Heart with Gloria and what a wonderful program it is! Gloria’s energy is magnetic and she emanates love and authenticity. To me, she epitomizes a true yogi and is an amazing teacher and mentor. Her knowledge seems endless and she has a way of making abstract concepts easy to understand with her personal stories. Like another reviewer said, I knew Gloria was special from the moment I met her. Her teaching style is to honor every human where they are and she has the utmost respect and tenderness for each of her students. Shanti Heart is a beautiful place…cozy and peaceful and Gloria treats us like family. Every day of training opens new doors inside my body, mind and heart. I am learning so much and enjoying myself tremendously in the process. Above all, I am so grateful to Gloria for leading me on this path.”
– Christina Natoli
Life Style, Life Choice ... On your path Now!
How much does training cost & what’s included?
Weekday program price $2250. Take advantage of early bird registration of $2050 by November 15th. If paying with debit/credit card add 3% to total tuition. If you require a payment plan please contact us. $250 to save your spot (non-refundable and is counted toward your tuition). It includes: training, manual, additional materials. Occasionally there will be a treat from our Happy Buddha Kitchen.
Weekend price is $2500. Take advantage of the early bird registration of $2250 by December 8th. If paying with a credit/debit card add 3% to total tuition. If you require a payment plan please contact us. $300 to save your spot (non-refundable and is counted toward your tuition). It includes: training, manual, additional materials, breakfast and lunch each day (Delicious vegetarian meals) from our Happy Buddha Kitchen.
Is the training Yoga Alliance Certified?
Yes! Our program is Yoga Alliance Certified. Additionally, our program is rated 10 of 10 by our students! Yoga Alliance Rating! Click here!
How Often do we meet?
We offer two formats – a weekend and weekday programs.
Weekday programs meet Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The weekend program meets every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How long is the program?
The program is approximately 5 months long. It is offered twice per year. Spring programs begin in January or February, ending May or June. Fall programs begin early August and end in early December.
Weekday Training Dates
Jan 9, 11, 16 & 18 – A Life Well Lived
Jan 23, 25, 30 & Feb 1 – Healing the Pranic body & Conscious Mind
Feb 6, 8, 13 & 15 – The secrets of Alignment, Movement and Breath
Feb 20, 22, 27 & Mar 1 – Awakening and Recognizing Body & Breath
Mar 6, 8, 13 & 15 – The Art of Withdrawing the Senses
Mar 20, 22, 27 & 29 – The Physiology of single pointed concentration
Apr 3, 5, 10 & 12 – Moving through the waves of Awakening and Fluidity
Apr 24, 26, May 1 & 3 – Bliss, Love & Wisdom, Pursuing the Innermost Self
May 4 & 5 Teaching Methodology & Practicum
May 11, Master Class
May 18, Community Class
May 19, Practicum & Graduation
Weekend Training Dates
Feb 24 & 25 – A Life Well Lived
Mar 4 – Master Class
Mar 10 & 11 – Healing the Pranic body & Conscious Mind
Mar 24 & 25 – The secrets of Alignment, Movement and Breath
Apr 7 & 8 – Awakening and Recognizing Body & Breath
Apr 21 & 22 – The Art of Withdrawing the Senses
May 5 & 6 – The Physiology of single pointed concentration
May 19 & 20 – Moving through the waves of Awakening and Fluidity
Jun 2 & 3 – Bliss, Love & Wisdom, Pursuing the Innermost Self
Jun 16 & 17 Community Class, Practicum & Graduation